Stereoscopic 3D has come of age with the success of films like "Avatar" and "Alice in Wonderland," and the entertainment industry is abuzz with interest in finding fast, efficient workflows that deliver quality results on reliable schedules.
Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS5.5 and Cineform Neo3D software together offer a convenient, flexible workflow for editing stereoscopic content. Whether you want to quickly produce stereo dailies or develop a workflow for creating stereo content for broadcast, these tools offer a powerful, affordable solution.
1. Shoot stereo footage, install Adobe Premiere Pro and Cineform Neo3D
2. Rename assets in Adobe Bridge for left eye and right eye
3. Use Cineform First Light to convert and multiplex each shot
4. Sync, converge, and adjust muxed assets in First Light
5. Import stereo muxed assets into Adobe Premiere Pro
6. Edit and add 3D effects and titles in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Export stereo 3D assets from Adobe Media Encoder
Compositing and animating stereo 3D content: Adobe After Effects
Adobe After Effects® CS5.5 software is used for a wide range of stereoscopic post-production tasks. After Effects offers an inherently flexible compositing and animation toolset and a 3D compositing space. Multiple cameras are easy to set up, and you can use expressions to link left eye and right eye visuals. Powerful tracking tools, the new Roto Brush (in After Effects), and Content Aware Fill (in Adobe Photoshop® CS5) can be time-savers when converting 2D footage to stereoscopic. When you need to create motion graphics or animations for stereoscopic productions, turn to the tool professionals choose.
Newer news items:
Older news items: