3D video recording Using the Nintendo 3DS Camera, you can now record up to 10 minutes of glasses-free 3D video, right from your system. Record continuous motion, or in a stop motion style—then easily save it right to your SD Card. Capture your favorite family moments, silly pet tricks, and more in a whole new way.
Date Available: 12/06/2011
Nintendo 3DS Camera
Nintendo eShop improvements and additions for several features
- Added feature to allow purchased software to download while device is in Sleep Mode.
- Improved convenience, such as the function to save credit card information and purchase content by adding only the amount of funds required to purchase content.
Updates to StreetPass Mii Plaza
- Added new panels to Puzzle Swap and a sequel to Find Mii.
- Added Accomplishments
Transfer from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS has been added to Software/Data Transfer
- Software, Sounds, and Images can now be transferred as a whole from one Nintendo 3DS to another.
New QR code reading function for the Nintendo 3DS Camera
- Added ability to scan a QR Code® using the quick-launch Nintendo 3DS Camera function on the HOME Menu which will launch the Nintendo 3DS Browser to display a website or open a product-information page in the Nintendo eShop.
Improved system stability and convenience
- Improved system stability and convenience for an improved user experience.
- Improved Parental Controls to include a parental consent mechanism in accordance with the child online privacy protection laws of some countries. This new feature will require parents of children under a certain age to provide consent before their child can use those Nintendo 3DS features that allow children to share personal information online.
Newer news items:
Older news items: